Members should have received an invitation to join the Elfster holiday swap via email. Sign ups will close on Tuesday, October 21.
If you are a member and you didn’t get an invitation (there were some technical glitches with a few addresses), send an email to njmqginfo at gmail.com.
Hello all! Hope you’re enjoying this gorgeous fall we’re having in North Jersey. A few reminders and notes:
- Our October meeting is next Saturday, October 18, from 10AM-2PM at the LDS Church at 209 Mountain Ave, Caldwell, NJ. It’s an Open Sew meeting, so bring your machines, extension cords and WIPs. We’ll also have charity quilt tops and batting for anyone who wants to help with our donation efforts.
- Our November meeting will be Thursday, November 20 at Rock Paper Scissors at 7PM.
- It’s almost time to swap names for our annual holiday swap! We’ll be using Elfster again to keep it anonymous. We’ll post about it here and you’ll also receive emails from Elfster.
- If you have anything you’d like to address or discuss with the board, please don’t hesitate to email njmqginfo at gmail.com.
- In that vein, one of our members emailed after our last meeting because she was made ill by someone’s fragrance. If possible, when we get together– especially on nights where we’ll be up close and personal with one another– please refrain from wearing perfume, cologne or fragrant products. We want everyone to be able to participate and enjoy.
- We have started a Facebook group for NJMQG members attending Quiltcon in Austin in February! Links and information are in the members-only group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/NJMQG/
- There are also links there to recent MQG webinars, including a very inclusive and inspiring one by Jacquie Gehring from last week: Modern Quilting: Know it when you see it. All you need to do is log in to the Community site.
This is a reminder that our September meeting will take place this Thursday, September 18 at 7:00PM at Rock Paper Scissors. We have a special night planned, and because of it, there are some changes to our usual routine. The one and only Amy Butler will be in town to teach her Color Story class at MAM as well as give the keynote address at Quilters Take Manhattan this weekend, and she will be attending the second half of our meeting for a meet and greet! However, that means that the lovely ladies of Rock Paper Scissors will be showing her some North Jersey hospitality upon her arrival and the store will be closed from 5:30-6:30. I will unlock the doors for the meeting, and Beth, the staff and Amy will return for show and tell. That means that any shopping you may want to do needs to happen before 5:30 or after the meeting. Please plan accordingly.
As always, please bring a chair, a name tag and something special to show.
Have a great week. See you Thursday!