It’s the last day to sign up for the October Infinity Scarf Swap. Partner assignments go out tomorrow!
It’s not too late to sign up. Click here for details and sign ups. :)
:: SEPTEMBER MEETING RECAP ::
• Our fun question for the meeting was:
~ How Many States Have You Bought Fabric In? Diane totaled a final number of 26! Aleeda was a close second with a total of 21!
• Our October Swap is an Infinity Scarf swap! Click here for details and to sign up!
• QuiltCon Charity Quilt 2016: ~ We distributed the fabric and guidelines for the QuiltCon 2016 Charity Quilt: Improv with Intent. Thank you to all of our participants. The blocks are due back at the October meeting. If you tag photos of your progress/finished block(s) on social media, please use the tags: #njmqg #quiltconcharityquilt
~ QuiltCon 2016 Magazine: The deadline to submit a quilt design or an article to the QuiltCon 2016 magazine is Tuesday, September 29, 2015. Click here for details. Please consider submitting.
• QuiltCon 2017:
~ Call for Instructors and Lecturers for QuiltCon 2017: Deadline is December 31, 2015. Applicants notified by March 31, 2016. Click here for details.
• NJMQG Library:
~ The board has appointed an NJMQG Librarian: Kelly Chladil! Details on procedure coming soon.
• Upcoming Events:
~ Brownstone Quilters Guild Quilt Show: November 6 – 7, 2015. Please click here for details. Hopefully everyone had the chance to buy a raffle ticket for the beautiful raffle quilt that was shown at the meeting!
~ Blanket Statements: New Quilts by Kaffe Fassett at the Michener Art Museum. Click here for details. Also, please check out the related programming going on in November through December here (see column on right for listings).
~ Cross Roads Retreat: November 11 – 15, 2015. All spots are currently filled.
~ Central Jersey MQG Fall Sewing Retreat: November 13 – 15, 2015. Please email njmqginfo (at) gmail (dot) com for details.
~ Rock Paper Scissors Annual Holiday Boutique is December 4, 5, 6th, 2015.
• Check out the Show and Tell. Wow!
See you at the next meeting!
It’s time for our next swap and since the days are getting shorter and the air is getting crisper, an Infinity Scarf seems to be a perfect choice.
For this swap, we’ll be matching you with a partner instead of randomly swapping them. This way you can get to know who you are sewing for and make a personalized scarf to her taste.
Deadline to sign up is September 30th.
Matches will go out October 1st
Scarves are due at the October guild meeting on October 15th.
We suggest using the Pink Chalk Fabrics Infinity Scarf tutorial, but if you have a tried and true pattern, feel free to use it.
– Make something you would be proud and happy to wear yourself.
– Take your partner’s fabric likes into consideration
– Use quality fabrics
– Say “thank you” after the swap
– You get what you get and you don’t get upset
This is a great swap to try out new substrates like voile, soft wool, double gauze, even mixing and matching fabrics for a reversible fashion accessory.
Sign ups are now closed. Stay tuned for the next swap announcement!
September’s meeting is this Thursday, September 17, at 7pm at Rock Paper Scissors.
As always, bring a chair and your name tag. If you don’t have a name tag, we can arrange a partner swap. Also, please bring anything you may have for show and tell.
See you then!
Our August Open Sew guild meeting was awesome!
• We had an Open Sew Challenge! Tracy prepared bundles of donated fabric for charity quilt tops for those who wanted to participate for a prize. The competition was heated. :) At one point Amy and Kimberli were neck and neck. Ultimately, Amy finished first and Kimberli came in at a close second. Way to go ladies!
• There was a “Free Table” set up at the meeting. So many goodies to choose from. We are considering practicing this concept at future meetings. Stay tuned for details at a later time.
• We had our Dumpling Pouch Swap and our 2nd Quarter Bee Block Swap and overall, a great time!
• Just look at these two Show and Tell stunners by Michelle and Diane!
• Thank you to all who donated blocks for Mother Emanuel Church at the July meeting. Six quilt tops were made and donated! The photos are from the Charleston MQG.
• October’s Swap will be an Infinity Scarf. There will be a sign up and we will pair members up. Details coming soon.
• Thank you so much to Stephanie and Colleen for being such gracious hosts at the LDS Church!!
WHEN: Sunday, October 4, from 12pm to 7pm.
WHERE: Pittsburgh’s North Side at the Pittsburgh Project
The workshop cost is $100 (plus fees if paying online). Registration closes on September 18.
What a great July Meeting! It was also the first official meeting with our new board. :)
• July was Needle Book Swap month. The needle books are all SO great!
• We collected blocks for the Charleston Modern Quilt Guild for their charity efforts for the Emanuel AME Church.
• As usual, we had an amazing array of projects to see during Show and Tell!
• A special thank you to Kelly, Krishma and Amy for helping to distribute Myra Peterson’s fabric and other crafty items that her husband Cliff donated to the guild.
• The September meeting is on Thursday, Sept. 17th from 7 – 9pm at Rock Paper Scissors.