What a wonderful wonderful first meeting we had at our new space! Am I right!? 🙂
~To all the new members, we welcome you and we are so excited to have you in our growing guild!
A few recap reminders:
- all our paperwork is in and we are so excited to say we have about 22 beautiful, modern quilts that will be on display!!! YAY!
- if anyone is interested in volunteering to help set up, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Set up is on Wed. March 2, from 12-3.
More info about the Crossroads Retreat here!
The Mighty Lucky Quilting Club
- if you are still interested, click the link above to sign up! lots of our members have joined and started their subscription already 🙂
- We are so happy to say that we have donated 27 quilts to charity! YAY! let’s keep that momentum going! The most recent donations were to The Interfaith Hospitality Network in Montclair.
- We will be having a charity table at each meeting. This table consists of kits put together by Kelly, Krishma,and Tracy with quilt tops, quilts that need to be basted, quilts that need to be quilted, etc. Basically-“quilts in the making, or take and makes” that need a little time and TLC so we can spread the love and a gift to someone in need!
Paper Bag Swap!
Here are the guidelines 😉 Please bring these filled with your favorites for the February meeting!
And now for our Trunk Show and Show & Tell:
QuiltCon Quilt! Round of applause for Daniela-our super talented president who designed & put our blocks together! It is stunning ❤
***Special Thank you to Andrea for bringing in her amazing array of quilts for our first member trunk show! We are so lucky to know such a talented individual such as yourself! ***
Show & Tell
See you all in February!
At our January meeting, we announced our latest swap, a Paper Bag Mini Swap. If you missed the meeting or forgot to pick up a bag, I’m sharing the information we gave out so everyone has the chance to join. Also if you are at our Saturday Shopping Field Trip on Saturday the 30th I’ll have the last few bags with me.
In this swap, you stuff a paper lunch bag with 5 fat quarters of fabric that you would like your partner to use to sew a mini quilt for you! Your partner’s challenge is to use all of the
given fabrics on the front of the quilt (in any amount) and can add up to 2 more fabrics (in any amount) to make a mini wall quilt that is a maximum 24″ on any given side.
There is no minimum size for the finished product if you want to sew tiny, but use those
fabrics well and create something your partner will love to see on their wall! Make sure to put a slip of paper with your name and social media information (i.e. username on Instagram, etc) and put it inside the bag with your fabric – no identifying marks on the outside of the bag please. Note this swap is for njmqg members only.
If you are going to miss the February meeting it is fine to have someone else bring your bag and get your partner’s bag.
– Empty bags distributed January 21
– Bags returned filled February 18 & redistributed
– Finished mini quilt returned & revealed at April meeting
• Our January meeting is this Thursday, January 21st, 2016 at 7pm at our NEW LOCATION:
~ Community Church of Cedar Grove, 65 Bowden Road, Cedar Grove, NJ 07009.
• You can park in the large lot in the back and use the side entrance to come in.
• Feel free to arrive about 15 minutes early.
• Please remember, you do not have to bring a chair. We will have chairs set up.
• We will have a FREE table: Please bring in quilty / sewing related items you are no longer using or would like to pass along (books, fabric, thread, patterns, notions, etc). If it does not get taken by the end of the meeting, please take it home with you).
• We will introduce a new series: MEMBER TRUNK SHOWS!
~ Andrea B. is the featured NJMQG Member who will kick off our new series!
• Please bring your name tag to the meeting. If you do not have a name tag, we can arrange a partner swap. Also, please bring anything you may have for show and tell!
See you on Thursday!