Wonderful meeting as always! Few things happening/reminders below:
- Want to give a shout out to our new (and old 😄) board members: Daniela di Iorio- our president, Amy rehbein- our Vice President, Annette aponte- our treasurer, stella singleton- our program director, and me Kourtney Teixeira- our secretary!
- Thank you everyone for the amazing sign ups to make quilts for pulse !!
- QuiltCon East 2017 catalog is available! Registration opens tomorrow June 25th!!
- Annette went over our treasury report. We are in great standing as a guild 🙂
- We are going to be doing a “cross guild” swap with the DC guild. Project will be zippered pouches-more details to come.
- Open Sew-September 17th!
- The Nubian Heritage Quilt show is still going until July 31st. (Sundays from 1-4PM by appointment.)
- Want to thank Story Patches for being our guest speaker and giving us more information about the product!
- Beth and Daniela gave us an idea of what fabrics are trending right now from their trip to Quilt market.
- So many beautiful antique quilts!!! I learned so much that night about fabrics, stitching, etc. during particular time periods. So interesting!
…..Show & tell!!
See you in July 🙂
WOW! Thank you to everyone who was able to sign up to make blocks! There was such an overwhelming response, we will have enough blocks to send TWO completed quilts to the Orlando Modern Quilt Guild!!!
The block: Please use this tutorial from Cluck Cluck Sew for the 10-inch finished block or this 10-inch finished block that is paper pieced by Elizabeth Dackson (Update: the link to the paper pieced pattern has been updated).
The heart: Please use a solid, a modern tone-on-tone or a modern print fabric for the heart area in the color(s) you signed up for. The modern print fabric should read as the color you picked.
The white areas of the block: In the white areas, please use low volume fabric. As shown in the examples above, please keep the low volume fabric consistent in each block.
Low volume fabric examples:
Some blocks we receive will be used on the back of each quilt. This is a good thing! We would like the quilt back to be as pretty as the front.
You can read more about the charity drive here on the MQG site and check out the Instagram hashtag: #quiltsforpulse.
The blocks will be due at the July meeting. If you will not be at the July meeting (Thursday, July 21, 2016), please drop your block(s) off at Rock Paper Scissors. If that does not work for you, you may also email njmqginfo at gmail dot com and we will coordinate.
The Orlando Modern Quilt Guild is collecting quilts for the victims of the recent shooting at Pulse nightclub.
The NJMQG has registered as a guild to make and send one completed quilt.
At our guild meeting tomorrow, June 16, we will have a sign up sheet for guild members who can contribute one or more blocks. We ask that you use this tutorial from Cluck Cluck Sew for the 10-inch finished block (or this paper piecing version by Elizabeth Dackson). You will sign up to make a specific color (or colors). More details about the background color will be given tomorrow night at the meeting.
You can also read more about it here on the MQG site and check out the Instagram hashtag: #quiltsforpulse. The blocks will be due at the July meeting.
*If you cannot attend the meeting and would like to contribute a block or blocks, please email njmqginfo at gmail dot com. We will sign you up and assign a color.