Submission Deadline extended through Sunday March 18th.
Location: New Jersey Convention & Exposition Center :: 97 Sunfield Ave Edison, NJ 08837
Have you figured out which quilt(s) you are going to submit to be chosen to hang at Quilt Fest in our special exhibit: Modern Quilts: North Jersey Modern Quilt Guild yet??
Wondering if your quilt is “modern enough”? Submit anyway! There are many areas/categories that modern quilts fall into and we will do our best to showcase a breadth of work that represents modern quilting.
:: Details ::
- We will have space to display about member-made 30 quilts.
- We encourage submitting mini quilts and multiple quilts!
- A committee will review entries to curate the show. Please keep in mind this is an exhibit that should showcase your best modern quilt work. We are participating in the show, in part, to raise awareness about the modern quilt movement.
- This is an excerpt of the blurb we submitted for the brochure and for the website about our exhibit:
“Modern quilts are primarily functional and inspired by modern design. Modern quilters work in different styles and define modern quilting in different ways, but several characteristics often appear which help identify a modern quilt. These include, but are not limited to: the use of bold colors and prints, high contrast and graphic areas of solid color, improvisational piecing, minimalism, expansive
:: To be considered, please fill out the form here (member login required) ::
- Size: no dimension larger than 96″
- Each quilt should have a 4″ sleeve sewn on the top for easy hanging.
- Each quilt should have a label with a minimum of the following information: Maker’s Name, Name of Quilt
- Insurance value
Quilt Fest guidelines: “INSURANCE: Individual quilts may be insured for $100 up to $1000 each. Items valued at greater than $1,000 require a written appraisal. Items cannot be insured for greater than $5,000 each (even with a greater appraised value). MSM insurance coverage excludes earthquake and flood.”
:: After submitting the form please email 1-2 photos of your quilt to EXHIBITS@NJMQG.com ::
- Name the file with your last name and name of the quilt. Example: “Surname_Quiltname.jpg”.
- Add “Quiltfest 2018” to the Subject line.
- Include maker’s name, quilt name, and dimensions in the body of the message.
Please email images by Wednesday, March 16th so the committee has enough time to view and vote to curate the items in the show.
Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions. We can’t wait to see your amazing work!