Here’s your recap of the June meeting.
Don’t forget that our July 19 meeting will be held at the LDS church in Caldwell again!
Welcome to our guests/new members Lenny, Nancy, Amy and Catie.
- Quiltcon signups for classes and quilt submission go here
- They are looking for content for their website #showusyourmqg
- Sew days are the 3rd Saturday of the month. #mqgsewday
- NJ arts annual series- August 1 more info here
- Newark museum had a nice exhibit on textiles of Asia
- MAM has a inspired by Matisse exhibit until July 22
- The Vermont quilt show was June 22-24
Congratulations to our 2018/2019 board! Yays for all!!
Kathy- Vice President
Crista and Jackie- Co-Program Coordinators
Behind the scenes the guild was working on a special quilt for our past president to thank her for all her hard work. THANK YOU Daniela!! Programs
- Kathy’s class
- 3rd quarter Bee block sign up HERE
- Open sew- July 21 at the Montclair Public Library- beat the heat and have some fun!!
- Aleeda’s screen printing field trip/workshop. Sat August 11 from 10-4 Email for more info or to sign up acquiltsy @ yahoo
- Sashiko workshop in September- sign ups coming soon
- Rayna is coming in October
- Jackie will be teaching some beginner free motion quilting in November
- And I know I always look forward to our holiday party in December
- Challenge- make a pillow with symbolism
- Marika is working on a field trip to Grounds for Sculpture– October 13. Details to come
- 2nd quarter Bee blocks
Show and Tell
Jennifer-FinsJackie- class samples turned into a bagKites a FlutterMaryJane- charity quiltCristaDebby- Hot MessPam- t shirt quiltJeansDawn-AnnetteBekaSarahBaby quiltElaine- Turkey Red Antique quiltRebecca-Stephanie- Amy Friend classWhole clothAmy
Freewheeling Single Girl
That’s all folks. We’ll see you next time.July 19 LDS Church, 209 Mountain Ave, Caldwell. 7:15 start. Be there or be square. -A