OUR SEPTEMBER MEETING IS THIS THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 20, 2018 AT 7:15 PM.
Summer’s over, so we hope to see lots of you reinvigorated at this meeting, ready to sew! Be prepared to participate, and think about what committee you might chair or help with
PLEASE NOTE THE LOCATION: We will return to our usual meeting place at the Community Church of Cedar Grove, 65 Bowden Rd, Cedar Grove
Doors will open at 7pm.
Important: Please sign in at the registration table
Remember to bring:
- Charity quilts that you’ve completed
- Refreshments: especially if your birthday is this month
- Name Tag: If you do not have a name tag, we can arrange a partner swap – just ask any of the NJMQG Executive Board Officers (Margy, Kathy, Aubrey, Jackie, or Crista).
- As always, please bring anything you may have for Show and Tell!
- It’s back to school and book reports are due! Bring your favorite or most inspiring quilting book to share with the guild
- Embellish Me! Bring a small item (no larger then a piece of paper that is hand made or store bought) to have another member embellish. You will receive your item back at the October meeting with some extra pizzaz!
• FREE table: Bring in the quilty items you no longer use and drop them on our FREE table at the beginning of the meeting. If your items are not taken, please take them home with you
• Member Corner: Many of our members have their own creative businesses and services to offer. A designated table is provided for members to leave their business cards, class/workshop lists, postcards, etc. This is a great way to get the word out about what you have to offer!
• Library: back in business!
If you have checked a book out, please return it
• Upcoming Programs:
Our own Rayna Gilman‘s workshops October 5 and 6. Sign up soon to secure your spot!
It’s still Textile Month in New York City. Check out the website, and go see something while there’s still time http://www.textilemonth.nyc/. Part of that, the 2018 Piecework Collective exhibition is this weekend only.
See you on Thursday!