:: SEPTEMBER MEETING RECAP ::
• Our fun question for the meeting was:
~ How Many States Have You Bought Fabric In? Diane totaled a final number of 26! Aleeda was a close second with a total of 21!
• Our October Swap is an Infinity Scarf swap! Click here for details and to sign up!
• QuiltCon Charity Quilt 2016: ~ We distributed the fabric and guidelines for the QuiltCon 2016 Charity Quilt: Improv with Intent. Thank you to all of our participants. The blocks are due back at the October meeting. If you tag photos of your progress/finished block(s) on social media, please use the tags: #njmqg #quiltconcharityquilt
~ QuiltCon 2016 Magazine: The deadline to submit a quilt design or an article to the QuiltCon 2016 magazine is Tuesday, September 29, 2015. Click here for details. Please consider submitting.
• QuiltCon 2017:
~ Call for Instructors and Lecturers for QuiltCon 2017: Deadline is December 31, 2015. Applicants notified by March 31, 2016. Click here for details.
• NJMQG Library:
~ The board has appointed an NJMQG Librarian: Kelly Chladil! Details on procedure coming soon.
• Upcoming Events:
~ Our OCTOBER GUILD MEETING is: Thursday, October 15, 2015 at Rock Paper Scissors from 7 – 9pm.
~ Brownstone Quilters Guild Quilt Show: November 6 – 7, 2015. Please click here for details. Hopefully everyone had the chance to buy a raffle ticket for the beautiful raffle quilt that was shown at the meeting!
~ Blanket Statements: New Quilts by Kaffe Fassett at the Michener Art Museum. Click here for details. Also, please check out the related programming going on in November through December here (see column on right for listings).
~ Cross Roads Retreat: November 11 – 15, 2015. All spots are currently filled.
~ Central Jersey MQG Fall Sewing Retreat: November 13 – 15, 2015. Please email njmqginfo (at) gmail (dot) com for details.
~ Rock Paper Scissors will be vending at Quilter’s Take Manhattan this weekend.
~ Rock Paper Scissors Annual Holiday Boutique is December 4, 5, 6th, 2015.
• Congratulations to Krishma! Her quilt, Juxtapose, was chosen as one the the 18 quilts to represent the MQG at the Texas Quilt Museum. The show runs from January to March, 2016.
• Check out the Show and Tell. Wow!
See you at the next meeting!
2 thoughts on “September Meeting Recap”
Comments are closed.
I had to leave the meeting before show and tell so thanks for the pics – lovely!
It was such a great meeting with so many beautiful quilts at show and tell!