Getting back into the groove at Cedar Grove! We had 37 members including new that night member Beth and 3 guests, Elaine, Siobhan and Betsy (2 of whom have since joined!) Welcome ladies!
We wished Francine a Happy Birthday!
Mid Atlantic Mod is coming back for April 30th-May 3rd, 2020. We will be having the same lottery for the 10 spots we received as sponsors. You have until October 6th to sign up for the lottery. Winners will be drawn at the October board meeting and winners will be contacted and a deposit of $25 to hold your lottery spot, will be due by October 17th. Regular registration as well as class selection opens on October 20th.
We received a wonderful thank you note from the folks at Social Justice Sewing Academy for the fabric we donated last month. We are also welcoming Elinore to the Charity committee.
Our books are on the move, thanks to Margy. She surprised us with this new book cart to make housing the guild library books and rulers easier to view and access.
Calling All volunteers!
If you would like to join one of the committee’s that keep this guild running smoothly, please speak with a board member and we’ll get you off and running. Many hands make light work!
Member Quilt Display
Sarah shared with us her experience having a quilt in the show Inspired by…Quilts at Studio Montclair running now through October 19th. You can view her piece as well as many other artists pieces, interpreting antique quilts.
- Don’t forget if you hear of an upcoming event, contact Rachel and she’ll share of Facebook and put it in the next meeting slide show.
- Anyone interested in a Debbie Grifka workshop, let Crista know.
- Garden State Quilters are excepting bids from long arm quilters to quilt their 2020 Quilt Show raffle quilt. For more details, see Rachel.
Crista brought us a fun little game ‘Would you rather…’ by asking us questions like Would you rather piece or quilt; by hand or machine; follow patterns or freewheel; improv or traditional; etc.. We got a chance to stretch our legs and arms as we responded to each question.
Next it was time for the Post Card Swap
- Don’t forget to play with the blocks you have made so far to try and guess the end arrangement.
- Post photos to Instagram with #2019NJMQGMysteryQuilt
- Tag with @njmqg
- Next clue coming soon.
Whole Circle Studios Lecture and Workshop
- September 25th Lecture at Margy’s house.
- September 26th Workshop 10-4 (Full)
JoAnn Lepore Workshop
- English Paper Piecing with templates by machine
- October 26th, 10-4
- Cost will be $50 members, $60 nonmembers, includes templates.
Negative Space Challenge
- Negative Space Challenge – Due at the October Meeting, October 17th!!
- Mini, largest side to be 16″ or less.
- Does not need to be square
- We will be searching for a public place to display these, so the more the better!
Daniella gave us a presentation on what negative space is, and some examples.
Would you like to do a Demo?
We are looking to incorporate more members into our meetings. Demos are fun and informative for everyone. Won’t you share your knowledge of techniques, tools, or something special with your fellow quilters? Please contact Crista to participate.
Show and Tell
Krishma published in Simply Modern Magazine
New member Siobhan’s lovely quilt.
And the back of Siobhan’s quilt.
New member Elaine’s beautiful sampler.
Dawn’s exquisite applique piece.
Debbie’s bright and happy unicorn.
Kathy’s beautiful shell assortment.
Lenny’s fun improv.
Lenny with Gotham’s Quilt lab pieces
Ann with a beautiful sampler.
Jo Ann with a stunner.
Betsy went to Crafting Democracy Exhibit in Rochester, NY.
One of her gorgeous quilts.
And the back.
Jackie with her Halloween special.
Thanks for reading!
Next Meeting Thursday, October 17th at 7:15 . Hope to see you there.
Jennifer – Secretary