The NJMQG is an official Mid Atlantic MOD sponsor! This retreat is planned by Central Jersey MQG and the Philadelphia MQG with surrounding guilds also participating. It’s a fantastic retreat filled with SO much to do!
Being a sponsor for the retreat gives our guild first access to 10 total spots during early registration and a $25/person discount for our members that attend. Early Registration begins November 18th at 7pm! We will be supplied with an access code to register which will be posted in the Members Only section of the blog once we receive it.
Mid-Atlantic Mod Retreat DATES: April 21-24, 2016 at the Doubletree by Hilton in Lancaster, PA. It’s a beautiful hotel in a great location!
Cost to Sponsoring Guild Members (that’s us!): $120 (plus “local” fee if applicable)
Workshops: $15 each. The list of workshops will be posted this month. You can choose to take workshops or not.
Lodging: Room rate is $124 + tax per night for single or double occupancy.
“Local” fee: The event pricing has been established based on an assumption that all attendees will choose to stay overnight at the hotel using the event room block. Because we incur additional fees if attendees do not stay at the hotel, we have instituted a “local” fee of $50. A limited number of “local” attendees will be allowed.
Standard registration will open to the general public in early December. Non-Member cost: $145 (plus “local” fee if applicable).
The 2015 retreat had the following (some info copied from MOD’s site):
- Plenty of social sewing time with the sewing room accessible from morning until very late at night
- Various short hands-on workshops
- Progressive quilts – where those who participated had a chance to win the completed top at the end of the retreat (!!!)
- Secret and regular swaps
- Charity sewing
- Cocktail mixer
- Local shop hops (nothing formal but there were carpooled trips to the many area shops)
- Discounts to fabric shops
- Swag bag filled with goodies (patterns, fabric, etc.)
- Great giveaways
- Sign ups for massages from professional masseuses
- Some attendees chose not to participate in any of those options and sewed to their heart’s content (some people even sewed in their pjs). 🙂
- Great location and beautiful hotel
- And more!!
If you are on Instagram, check out the hashtag #midatlanticmod to see what everyone was up to at the last retreat!