:: OCTOBER 2015 MEETING RECAP ::
• Our fun question for the meeting was:
~ How Many WIPs do you have right now? We had a range from 2 to 90 WIPs! We are a busy bunch!
• Kourtney Krygsman Teixeira is our new Secretary. Congratulations, Kourtney!
• The Holiday Elfster Swap is still open! Members should have received an email invite to the swap. The deadline to sign up is Friday, November 6!! Here is the link to the swap. Swap takes place at the December Holiday Potluck Party meeting.
• Charity / Community Relations Committee: Our guild received two thank you notes from our recent quilt donations- one from the 8-year old recipient herself, and the other from the mother of one of the toddlers.
~ Call for Instructors and Lecturers for QuiltCon 2017: Deadline is December 31, 2015. Applicants notified by March 31, 2016. Click here for details.
~ Less than one month left to submit your quilts to QuiltCon 2017. Head to quiltconentry.com soon to enter. Deadline to submit is November 30!
• MQG Membership renewal: Membership is from January – December. The guild renews by January 1, 2016. Details to follow.
• Library Books are in! Details and procedure coming soon!
• Studio Montclair presents the exhibition: Old is Good. Reception is Thursday, November 5, 2015, 6pm – 8:30pm at the Montclair Public Library Gallery. Details here. Panel Discussion from 7:45pm – 8:30pm featuring exhibiting artists including Rayna G.!
• Artists Studio Tour / Open Studios: Sunday, November 8, 2015, 1pm – 4pm, at the historic Manufacturer’s Village, 66 Franklin Street, East Orange, NJ. Stop by and be sure to visit Rayna G. at her studio.
• Cross Roads Retreat: November 11 – 15, 2015. All spots are currently filled.
• Rock Paper Scissors Annual Holiday Boutique is December 4, 5, 6th, 2015.
• Our DECEMBER GUILD MEETING is going to be a Holiday Potluck Party on Thursday, December 17, 2015 at the LDS Church in Caldwell, NJ. Details to come!
• Blanket Statements: New Quilts by Kaffe Fassett at the Michener Art Museum. Click here for details. Also, please check out the related programming going on in November through December here (see column on right for listings).
• October 2015 Infinity Scarf Swap: Members who signed up for the swap exchanged at the meeting. Wow! What gorgeous scarves!
• Name Tag Swap: Kathy and Kelly swapped name tags! If you are a member in need of a name tag, please email njmqginfo at gmail dot com so we can pair you up with another member.
Check out this Show and Tell!
See you at the November Meeting!