OUR MARCH MEETING IS THIS THURSDAY, MARCH 15, 2018 AT 7:15 PM AT THE COMMUNITY CHURCH OF CEDAR GROVE, 65 BOWDEN ROAD, CEDAR GROVE, NJ 07009. PARKING IS LOCATED IN THE LARGE LOT IN THE BACK – USE THE SIDE ENTRANCE TO COME IN.
Doors will open at 7pm. We’ll talk about Quiltfest, Bylaws, QuiltCon, Upcoming classes, field trips…
• Important: Please sign in at the registration table
A couple of notes: Regarding Quiltfest submissions, please note that we will not be judging members quilts submitted for our special exhibit. The committee to curate the show is a group of members who will arrange and hang the quilts to show them to their best advantage in the space provided. We just want to show off our Modern work!
If you went to QuiltCon, we’d love to spend a few minutes hearing about it – including, what you loved and didn’t like, impressions of the Best in Show winner, the most interesting thing you learned…
• Remember to bring:
- Round Robin blocks
- Bee blocks due this month
- Refreshments: Consider bringing a light refreshment to share, especially if your birthday is this month
- Nametag If you do not have a name tag, we can arrange a partner swap – just ask any of the NJMQG Executive Board Officers (Margy, Kathy, Lori, Aubrey, Sarah).
- As always, please bring anything you may have for Show and Tell!
- Charity quilts that you’ve completed
• FREE table: Bring in the quilty items you no longer use and drop them on our FREE table at the beginning of the meeting. If your items are not taken, please take them home with you
• Member Corner: Many of our members have their own creative businesses and services to offer. A designated table is provided for members to leave their business cards, class/workshop lists, postcards, etc. This is a great way to get the word out about what you have to offer!
• Library: Have you borrowed a book from the NJMQG library? Books can be checked out for one month. Please see Laura F., our librarian. If you borrowed a book at the last meeting, please remember to return it this month
• Upcoming Programs: A few spots are still available for Chawne Kimber’s Workshop on March 17.
See you on Thursday!