Here we are in May already and here’s the recap, I know you’ve all been waiting for.
Sadly, Margy announced that Gwen Marston died today
Places we’ve been, classes we’ve taken, what we’ve been inspired by…
- Empire Quilt show at FIT – Pam won 2 baskets
- Lancaster AQS show March 27-30
- AQS interview w/ Joe Cunningham on “Story Bee” on youtube
- Lenny will have quilt in July issue of Curated Quilts
Upcoming Events (oops…some now passed!)
- Mid Atlantic Mod
- Lancaster Quiltfest – replacing NJQuiltfest – May 9-11
- Brooklyn Museum Frida Kahlo exhibit through May 12, also a fiber art installation is there.
- Fiber art exhibit still at Montclair Art Museum through June 16. (Reminder: Free admission on first Thursdays!)
- Art Show opportunity – Studio Montclair/Montclair historical Society – make something in response to old quilts in the Historical Society’s collection
Call for Entries: MQG Showcase at International Quilt Market & Festival, Oct. 26–Nov. 3, 2019. Submissions open now through June 22, 2019.
Treasurer’s report – now posted on the member’s only page
Programs updates – Crista and Jackie
- Mystery quilt – 40 members signed up! Instructions to go out May 1st.
- Sarah Bond Color & Grayscale workshop signups open April 20 (now sold out!)
- April Fool ugly fat quarter swap – bring your finished item to the May meeting
- Rulerpalooza – As a sort of kick off to our ruler library, we asked you to bring in and share which rulers you like, or are curious to try, or covet…
Pam had an amazing folding bias ruler and an apple core ruler
Lenny shared the clearly perfect slotted half square triangle trimmer
Jackie brought in the circle cut by Mari Quilts
Ann can’t get enough of her good old basic 4×14″ruler
Crista recommended the bloc loc half square triangle ruler
Look for our ruler library coming soon!
Charity updates – Rachel and Emily
- Ideas re: who to give our quiltcon quilt to
- Batting available to complete charity quilts – let us know what you need before the next meeting and we’ll bring it. (The whole bolt is tooooo heavy to lug to every meeting!)
Nominating committee – Michelle, Sarah, Aleeda
Gathering names for the upcoming board election – throw your hat in the ring! Nominees will be announced at the May meeting.
And our favorite time
Show and Tell
Emily- curved flying geese
Caroline- Tula Pink Shoreline for Charity
Dawn- charm pack
Green stars and squares
2″ square mini
Navy with stars
JoAnn- Bonnie K Hunter mystery quilt
Gifts for grandkids Disney cruise (possible workshop?)
Jackie- free motion demo practice
Lennie- pencil case
Improv log cabin to practice quilting
Debbie- aboriginal strip quilt
Judy- cowboy quilt
Maria Shell class
Annette- baby Quilt
We will be back at the Community Church of Cedar Grove for our next meeting! 7:15 start.
Don’t forget to bring your “ugly duckling” April fool’s swap, a snack to share, show and tell and your great creative selves!!
Thanks to Kathy for keeping great notes while I had an emergency for the first half of the meeting!