- Our next meeting is next Thursday, April 16 at 7PM at Rock Paper Scissors in Montclair.
- Entries for the Garden State Quilters’ Show close on April 17. Contact Betsy Vinegrad with questions and see our previous email for details and forms.
- New Jersey shop hop is April 24-30. http://www.njshophop.com/
- Our May meeting will be on Thursday, May 21. We will meet our board candidates, swap mini-bee blocks and share impressions of our Heather Jones program. The June meeting, with elections and our summer swap (TBD) will be on June 18.
- Heather Jones comes May 1! Join us for her lecture at the Church of Latter Day Saints at 7PM. She’ll be talking about color theory and sharing her quilts. Her sold-out Improv Pineapple workshop is the following day, May 2.
- Denyse Schmidt is coming to Rock Paper Scissors Wednesday June 17 for an evening workshop. Signups will happen soon. Details will come from RPS.
- Entries for the NJ State Fair (thanks to Kelli for reminding us) are due on July 25 and 26. The fair opens July 31st. Information about craft and hobby competitions are at http://www.njsfcahh.com/
Just a friendly reminder that we have a meeting this Thursday at 7PM at Rock Paper Scissors in Montclair.
Bring a chair, a name tag and something to show and tell!
We have announcements, a new swap to introduce for April, and a program by popular demand!
We are very lucky that Beth Rowan of Rock Paper Scissors is going to give us her demo from Quiltcon called “Sew Many Substrates.” (We were supposed to get a sneak peek in January before we got snowed out!) She’ll show us samples of quilts made from substrates like voile and jersey knit, and pass along some tips on how she made them. Get there early for good seats!
See you then!
Thank you to everyone who showed interest in the Heather Jones workshop! The workshop is sold out, but you can add your name to the wait list by completing the registration form and we will notify you if any spots open up.
Everyone is welcome at the Color Theory lecture on May 1.
Hope to see you there!