It’s the last day to sign up for the October Infinity Scarf Swap. Partner assignments go out tomorrow!
It’s not too late to sign up. Click here for details and sign ups. 🙂
:: SEPTEMBER MEETING RECAP ::
• Our fun question for the meeting was:
~ How Many States Have You Bought Fabric In? Diane totaled a final number of 26! Aleeda was a close second with a total of 21!
• Our October Swap is an Infinity Scarf swap! Click here for details and to sign up!
• QuiltCon Charity Quilt 2016: ~ We distributed the fabric and guidelines for the QuiltCon 2016 Charity Quilt: Improv with Intent. Thank you to all of our participants. The blocks are due back at the October meeting. If you tag photos of your progress/finished block(s) on social media, please use the tags: #njmqg #quiltconcharityquilt
~ QuiltCon 2016 Magazine: The deadline to submit a quilt design or an article to the QuiltCon 2016 magazine is Tuesday, September 29, 2015. Click here for details. Please consider submitting.
• QuiltCon 2017:
~ Call for Instructors and Lecturers for QuiltCon 2017: Deadline is December 31, 2015. Applicants notified by March 31, 2016. Click here for details.
• NJMQG Library:
~ The board has appointed an NJMQG Librarian: Kelly Chladil! Details on procedure coming soon.
• Upcoming Events:
~ Brownstone Quilters Guild Quilt Show: November 6 – 7, 2015. Please click here for details. Hopefully everyone had the chance to buy a raffle ticket for the beautiful raffle quilt that was shown at the meeting!
~ Blanket Statements: New Quilts by Kaffe Fassett at the Michener Art Museum. Click here for details. Also, please check out the related programming going on in November through December here (see column on right for listings).
~ Cross Roads Retreat: November 11 – 15, 2015. All spots are currently filled.
~ Central Jersey MQG Fall Sewing Retreat: November 13 – 15, 2015. Please email njmqginfo (at) gmail (dot) com for details.
~ Rock Paper Scissors Annual Holiday Boutique is December 4, 5, 6th, 2015.
• Check out the Show and Tell. Wow!
See you at the next meeting!
It’s time for our next swap and since the days are getting shorter and the air is getting crisper, an Infinity Scarf seems to be a perfect choice.
For this swap, we’ll be matching you with a partner instead of randomly swapping them. This way you can get to know who you are sewing for and make a personalized scarf to her taste.
Deadline to sign up is September 30th.
Matches will go out October 1st
Scarves are due at the October guild meeting on October 15th.
We suggest using the Pink Chalk Fabrics Infinity Scarf tutorial, but if you have a tried and true pattern, feel free to use it.
– Make something you would be proud and happy to wear yourself.
– Take your partner’s fabric likes into consideration
– Use quality fabrics
– Say “thank you” after the swap
– You get what you get and you don’t get upset
This is a great swap to try out new substrates like voile, soft wool, double gauze, even mixing and matching fabrics for a reversible fashion accessory.
Sign ups are now closed. Stay tuned for the next swap announcement!