Our August Open Sew guild meeting was awesome!
• We had an Open Sew Challenge! Tracy prepared bundles of donated fabric for charity quilt tops for those who wanted to participate for a prize. The competition was heated. 🙂 At one point Amy and Kimberli were neck and neck. Ultimately, Amy finished first and Kimberli came in at a close second. Way to go ladies!
• There was a “Free Table” set up at the meeting. So many goodies to choose from. We are considering practicing this concept at future meetings. Stay tuned for details at a later time.
• We had our Dumpling Pouch Swap and our 2nd Quarter Bee Block Swap and overall, a great time!
• Just look at these two Show and Tell stunners by Michelle and Diane!
• Thank you to all who donated blocks for Mother Emanuel Church at the July meeting. Six quilt tops were made and donated! The photos are from the Charleston MQG.
• October’s Swap will be an Infinity Scarf. There will be a sign up and we will pair members up. Details coming soon.
• Thank you so much to Stephanie and Colleen for being such gracious hosts at the LDS Church!!
4 thoughts on “August Meeting Recap”
Comments are closed.
Just a little correction: the September 29 deadline is for submissions to next year’s Quiltcon magazine issue, not 2017. Thanks to comments from folks at last night’s meeting, I am going to submit and article on making the most of your Quiltcon experience!
So glad you are submitting an article, Aleeda!!!
Do we have a meeting this Thursday, 9/17? We usually get an email.
Yes, the meeting is this Thursday. I am working on a Reminder post right now.
Also, you can always check the “Meetings” tab at the top of the blog page for when the next meeting is taking place. 🙂
See you Thursday!!