Mid-Atlantic Mod – a modern quilting retreat 2016 (MOD), has announced their Call for Instructors!
We have many talented instructors in our guild, please consider submitting a class or two!! The deadline to submit is October 31, 2015.
Here is an excerpt of what they are looking for:
“We are searching for instructors to teach skills workshops of 1.5 hr in length at MOD. We are hoping to fill 6 workshop teaching spots, depending upon interest from attendees. The class size will be 5 to 15 people. All instructors will be paid for workshops they teach on a per-student basis. Attendees will be required to pay for workshops upon registration at the event so that the instructors will be paid regardless of whether or not the student ultimately shows up for the class.”
Please click this link for more information and for the Instructor Proposal Form. The Instructor Proposal Form link is at the top of their blog post and in the last paragraph.
Mid-Atlantic Mod Retreat DATES: April 21-24, 2016 at the Doubletree by Hilton in Lancaster, PA. This retreat is planned by Central Jersey MQG and the Philadelphia MQG with surrounding guilds also participating. It’s a fantastic retreat filled with SO much to do! Cost information is available here.
The 2015 retreat had the following (some info copied from MOD’s site):
- Plenty of social sewing time with the sewing room accessible from morning until very late at night
- Various short hands-on workshops
- Progressive quilts – where those who participated had a chance to win the completed top at the end of the retreat (!!!)
- Secret and regular swaps
- Charity sewing
- Cocktail mixer
- Local shop hops (nothing formal but there were carpooled trips to the many area shops)
- Discounts to fabric shops
- Swag bag filled with goodies (patterns, fabric, etc.)
- Great giveaways
- Sign ups for massages from professional masseuses
- Some attendees chose not to participate in any of those options and sewed to their heart’s content (some people even sewed in their pjs). 🙂
- And more!!
It was an awesome time, just ask Betsy, Melanie or Daniela!