Happy New Year everyone!
48 members and 2 guests joined us.
We have renewed our membership with the MQG for another fabulous year. Thanks so to all who have renewed and if you haven’t, there is always time! We will be receiving our membership cards next month.
Thanks to Sew Jersey for vending!
- The MQG will be debuting a new website in February. In the meantime you can still check out all they have to offer here
- Welcome to our new member Rebecca and 2 guests Pam and Kathy.
- We will update the password for the blog in February
- Ezza and Becca will exchange nametags
- Let’s vote- keep the catering at the Holiday party? yay- will be budgeted for
- Let’s vote- skip the Show & Tell at the Holiday party- yay- stick to gifties only
- Aleeda- Retreats March 22-25 and June 15-17 contact for more info firstname.lastname@example.org
- Congrats to Kimberli getting into graduate school at Rutgers
- Congrats Melanie, Michelle, Betsy, Michelle B and Krishma for having work in the MQG book
- Quiltfest- Any help setting up April 25 or taking down April 29 would be greatly appreciated. Reach out to us if you know you can/would like to help
- Amy Friend workshop- coming up this Friday Jan 26 and Saturday Jan 27. If you are available to help set up or break down, it would be much appreciated. You can find the details here
- New calendar in the works. Handout given. Will post soon. We are working on booking high demand teachers 2 yrs in advance. Any ideas? Shoot us an email email@example.com
- Round Robin starting! Will be monthly. Check out the Pinterest board if you need ideas or help.
Here are some of the starters…
- Challenge! due at the Febrary meeting. Make a mini (no larger than 20″ on any side) monochromatic half square triangles. To be part of a special exhibit at Quiltfest. Pinterest inspiration here
- Chawne Kimber signups will begin February 2
- 1st quarter Bee Swap signups available until Friday Jan 26- 3 catagories- stars, improv and/or 21st centurey log cabin
- Bylaws committee met. Updating certain details such as where we meet (still said
RPS). working on others such as elections every 2 years, overlapping changes… Voting will be at the February meeting. If you’d like to suggest anything, email Diane at NJquilter58@gmail.com
Congrats Aleeda and Kimberli! Happy shopping at Sew Jersey
- Melanie-Our quilt is named Star Power. We voted to have it donated to Quilts for Vegas directly from Quiltcon- yays all around
- Rachel- 20 New wave patterns donated from Elizabeth Hartman, quilt kits donated from Beth and templates made from Rachel make for some amazing charity quilt kits!
Show and Tell
Kimberli giving Ameri her quilt swap
Emily- Round Robin baby quilt
Emily- Lucky inheritance of Great Great Grandma quilt
Anne- Triangulation (Andrea class 2 yrs ago)
Kelly- Rainbow quilt
Jackie- Sew Jersey raffle winner
Betsy- sashiko bag (class at Gotham Atsushi Sashiko)
Gabriela- yo yo table runner
Annette- First attempt at modern
Penny- Warwick workshop
Penny- Timna Tarr workshop
Rochelle- Stack n Whack
Rachel- paper pieced green bear
Caroline- Josie’s Nuno Felted scarf class
Colleen just doing a walk by 😉
nother name I've missed, sorry…