Welcome to Summer! Hope you are staying cool while making fabulous quilts! There were 46 in attendance on our Zoom call and we welcomed a guest, Suzanne Fiorvanti.
Here’s the recap of our latest guild meeting.
Congratulations!! The following members are making waves in the quilting world by being featured and honored in several ways.
- Jeanine Bowen, Wanetta Phillips and Ellaree Pray, currently have quilts featured in The Social Fabric: Black Artistry in Fiber Arts, An Exhibition in Homage to Viki Craig at the Morris Museum in Morristown.
- The National Quilt Museum in Paducah, KY is showcasing Lenny van Eijk’s quilt “Pandemonium” in their Quarantine Quilts: Creativity in the Midst of Chaos Exhibit; and Betsy Vinegrad’s “Mod Blocks 2.0” in Modern Quilt Guild Retrospective Exhibit.
- Simply Moderne Magazine featured in their latest issue our group Community Outreach Quilt for Quiltcon 2021 designed by Lenny van Eijk and quilted by Krishma Patel.
- Curated Quilts Magazine in issue #16 shipping in July, will feature an article by Melanie Tuazon, a pattern and a mini by Betsy Vinegrad, and two mini challenge submissions, by Crista Bresnahan and Jackie Laba.
- Vermont Quilt Festival declared “Azulejos” by Betsy Vinegrad as Best of Show.
Return to In-Person Meetings
We are excited to share with you that starting in September, we will return to in-person guild meetings at the Community Church of Cedar Grove. We are also working on details to continue to simulcast the meetings on Zoom.
Be sure to check out all the happenings that are going on over at the Modern Quilt Guild and Quiltcon 2022. It’s time to put your design caps on and work up a design in “Angles” for our Community Outreach Quilt for 2022. Collaborate or work independently on a pattern for this design contest in the color palette above. We will be looking for your submissions in August!
There are two other challenges for Quiltcon 2022. American Patchwork and Quilting is running a hexagon challenge. Also, there is the 2022 Artisan Cotton Fabric Challenge from Windham Fabrics. Click on the links above to find more information.
The vote was swift and unanimous!
These women including Lenny van Eijk, continuing as Treasurer, begin their term at the July member meeting. Best wishes to those starting and thanks to those leaving the board.
Zipper Demo Due to technical issues we were unable to do the zipper demo with Daniella, but look forward to having it at a future meeting.
There will be more information about this activity and sign ups coming soon!
Mini Mod Block Projects
Show & Tell
And that concludes our June meeting recap. Well done, everyone!
Next Meeting Thursday, July 15th @7:15pm