It’s time for our next swap and since the days are getting shorter and the air is getting crisper, an Infinity Scarf seems to be a perfect choice.
For this swap, we’ll be matching you with a partner instead of randomly swapping them. This way you can get to know who you are sewing for and make a personalized scarf to her taste.
Deadline to sign up is September 30th.
Matches will go out October 1st
Scarves are due at the October guild meeting on October 15th.
We suggest using the Pink Chalk Fabrics Infinity Scarf tutorial, but if you have a tried and true pattern, feel free to use it.
– Make something you would be proud and happy to wear yourself.
– Take your partner’s fabric likes into consideration
– Use quality fabrics
– Say “thank you” after the swap
– You get what you get and you don’t get upset
This is a great swap to try out new substrates like voile, soft wool, double gauze, even mixing and matching fabrics for a reversible fashion accessory.
Sign ups are now closed. Stay tuned for the next swap announcement!
Spring is in the air and what better way to celebrate than with bright and lovely bunting!
This month we’re swapping whimsical bunting flags to decorate our space with some spring inspiration.
– Use the tutorial found here at Pink Stitches to create your bunting flags
– Minimum of 10 triangles/flags on your bunting
– Flags can be any type of fabric
– Leave enough ribbon/trim at each end of the bunting to hang the banner (bias tape also works in place of ribbon)
– Use spring colors/patterns/theme
– Bring your bunting to the April guild meeting and you’ll go home with a bunting of your own
Check out our Pinterest board for more bunting inspiration and HAVE FUN!
It feels like ages since our last guild meeting, so come on down to Rock Paper Scissors at 7pm on May 15th and join us for the three F’s: fun, friends and of course, fabric
Here’s what we have planned:
- An update on the Michael Miller MQG challenge
- Information on elections in June
- Upcoming events like Quilters Take Manhattan, Garden State Social, and the Warwick Quilt Show
- A June swap based on the Pantone color of the year: Radiant Orchid
- Everyone’s favorite: Show and Tell
We’ll also be taking a collection for the hospice in honor of our former VP, Peggy Kelleher to donate as a gift from the guild. Judy Veltidi will be collecting whatever donation you would like to give. She will be at the meeting and can answer any questions you might have but if you would like to reach her before Thursday, she can be contacted at motherfrog <at> hotmail <dot> com.
Bring a chair and your name tag, and we’ll see you on Thursday!