As always, it was so inspiring to be together for our April meeting, even more so as we got the celebrate the judging of our guild quilt blocks together. This meeting was one for the books as we were all pleasantly surprised with not only judging, but a comedy routine from Mark Lipinski. Who knew we were going to learn the etiquette of taking selfies and the importance of “labeling your damn quilts”?! Perhaps this fun was an example of why Melanie was able to share such kind words of reflection after Sewdown about being a member of our guild! We do have something going on, and Mark sure brought it.
Guild Challenge Blocks
Speaking of bringing it, it was exciting to see our blocks brought out in all their glory again.
The winners of the challenge are as follows, by judge:
Mark Lipinski: Winner Annette, Runner-up Josie
Allison Glass: Winner Kimberli, Runner-up Judy V
Elizabeth Hartman: Winner Melanie, Runner-up Caroline
March Madness Roundup
After such an amazing time at March Madness it was exciting to see the spoils of our labor again. Was anyone else shocked to be reminded again with how much we made?! Thank you to everyone who volunteered to finish off a quilt. You can continue to bring these in to the next few meetings. We’re also looking forward to planning another quilting charity drive. Especially now that we know the competition level. If anyone is interested in finishing another quilt, please let us know. There are plenty of kits of pre-started quilts waiting for some TLC.
Here are some of the quilts and tops that are on their way to being donated:
- The challenge runs from March 2014-June 23, 2014.
- Winners announced July 8, 2014
- Members may make anything they want as long as it is quilted!
- Add in any solid or Michael Miller printed fabric.
- You do not need to use all the fabrics given to you.
- Upload and share your photos to the Fabric Challenge Forum on the Community site.
- MQGs can create guild specific challenges, as long as the other guidelines are upheld.
- Don’t forget to use the #mqgfabricchallenge on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter!
I just made this one. It’s a table runner for my friend who is a bridge addict. I want to share it with the group but I don’t know how. I have to give it to my friend to give to her mother for Mother’s day and won’t have it for the next meeting. Thanks !