May 3, 2016, edited to add: Sign ups are now closed. Infinity scarves are due at the May 2016 guild meeting (Thursday, May 19th).
It’s time for our next swap! A beautiful, breezy Infinity Scarf seems to be the perfect choice for the warm weather.
For this swap, we’ll be matching you with a partner instead of randomly swapping them. This way you can get to know who you are sewing for and make a personalized scarf to her/his taste.
– Deadline to sign up is Tuesday, May 3rd.
– Matches will go out Wednesday, May 4th.
– Scarves are due at the May 2016 Guild Meeting on Thursday, May 19th.
Check out the Pinterest board we’ve put together here and some tutorials to peruse below:
- luvinthemommyhood Infinity scarf
- Pink Chalk Fabrics Infinity Scarf
- Easy Infinity Scarf
- Printed Infinity Scarf
- Infinity Travel Scarf
- Patchwork Infinity Scarf
- Anna Maria Horner “figure 8” scarf
- Pocketed Infinity Scarf
– Make something you would be proud and happy to wear yourself.
– Take your partner’s fabric likes into consideration
– Use quality fabrics
– Say “thank you” after the swap
– You get what you get and you don’t get upset
To sign up for the swap, please click here to fill out the form. You must be an NJMQG member. You will be contacted with your partner’s information on May 4th.
This is a great swap to try out different substrates like voile, double gauze, knit fabric, even mixing and matching fabrics for a reversible fashion accessory.
If anyone has other links to infinity scarf tutorials, please add them in the comments of this blog post.