June 2016 Meeting This Thursday!
• Our June meeting is this Thursday, June 16th, 2016 at 7:15pm (note the time change) at our new location:
• Community Church of Cedar Grove, 65 Bowden Road, Cedar Grove, NJ 07009
• Please park in the large lot in the back and use the side entrance to come in.
• Feel free to arrive about 15 minutes early.
• Please remember, you do not have to bring a chair.
• Important: Please check in first at the Check-In table before going into the main area where the meeting takes place.
• Antique/Vintage Quilts for this meeting:
Reminder: Do you have antique or vintage quilts you can share with our lovely group for our June 2016 meeting? If so, please bring in 1-3 quilts and be ready to share information about the quilt(s) if you have it. Do you know the history behind it? How did you acquire it? Do you use it? etc.
• NJMQG Board Election:
We will elect the new NJMQG board at this meeting. To view the nominees, please go to the password protected Members Only page. If you need the password, please email njmqginfo at gmail dot com.
• Special Guest:
We will have a visitor from StoryPatches at this meeting to talk about a special way to label your quilts.
• Orlando MQG has put a call out for Pride Orlando Victims. More details to come this Wednesday on their blog. Stay tuned.
• FREE table: Please bring in quilty / sewing related items you are no longer using/would like to pass along (books, fabric, thread, patterns, notions, etc). If it does not get taken by the end of the meeting, please take it home with you.
• Many of our members have their own creative businesses and services to offer. There will be a table at each meeting designated for members to leave their business cards, class/workshop lists, postcards, etc. This is a great way to get the word out about what you have to offer!
• Library: Consider borrowing from our NJMQG Library. If you have borrowed a book from our library, please remember to return it to Kelly C. at this meeting.
• Refreshments: Please consider bringing a light refreshment to share at the meeting. If you are able to do so, please let us know by commenting on this blog post.
• Please bring your name tag to the meeting. If you do not have a name tag, we can arrange a partner swap- please see any one of the NJMQG Executive Board Officers (Daniela, Amy, Tracy, Annette, or Kourtney). As always, please bring anything you may have for Show and Tell!
See you on Thursday!