Hey all! Congrats to our olympians in the “Sew for the Gold Sew-in!”
Our bronze medalist: Betsy Vinegrad
Our silver medalist: Mark Goodloe
Our Gold medalist: Terry Waxman
Look at how beautiful the Pulse Quilts are looking! ❤
Thank you everyone for making & donating supplies for these backpacks!! They came out beautiful, and will be loved tremendously!
*** Reminders/upcoming events to keep in mind:
- There is a Michael Miller fabric challenge ! click the link for more details (deadline for entries is Nov 30th)
- The Modern Quilt Guild is doing a Block of the Month challenge and YOU could be the next designer!
- There is a 9 Patch Design Challenge for QuiltCon (deadline is Nov 30th)
- Call for instructors/lecturers for QuiltCon 2017
- In October Amy Butler will be signing her latest book at Rock Paper Scissors !
- The Warwick Valley Quilter’s Guild is hosting their Stars of the Valley Quilt Show on October 15 & 16, 2016. The deadline to enter the show is September 1st. Click here for more information!
- If you don’t already, you should follow us on instagram “@njmqg.” 😉 we are always posting WIPS, quiltspiration, and other fun stuff including NJMQG InstaIntros to introduce our own board and our members members.
- So far we have 11 blocks for our “Quilts of Valor” quilt, and we need 20! The free pattern can be found on Craftsy. Volunteers welcome!
- We are starting a new workshop series within our guild, with our super talented members leading the classes! Starting us off will be Diane Fama, teaching Hawaiian Appliqué ! Click the link for more information and for registration!
- In September, Betsy V. will be doing a Member Trunk Show!
- Our next Open Sew is Saturday, September 17th from 10am-2pm.
- DC zipper pouch swap info: Click here to read all about it and to register! We will be using a Pinterest board to post photos of ideas and examples for inspiration. We are encouraging everyone to add no more than $10 worth of fun little trinkets inside the bag for their partner. Sign ups close on Sept. 6th and matches will be sent out by Sept. 12th.
& for show & tell…
See you all next time!