We are so thrilled about our annual Holiday Potluck Celebration!
Date: Thursday, December 15th, 2016
Time: 7:15pm (doors open at 6:30pm)
Location: LDS Church, 209 Mountain Avenue Caldwell, NJ 07006
(please note change of location for this meeting only)
We would love for everyone to bring a hot or cold appetizer, beverage or dessert. Use this link to sign up. (click here)
Many items need multiples so feel free to sign up for whatever you feel comfortable bringing – Napkins your thing? No judgement here.
This is also the time where we reveal our Elster swap partner. If you were matched up in October, bring your gift to present to your partner.
Due to all the activities taking place at the meeting, we respectfully ask that you limit your show and tell items to two items.
Can’t wait to round out the year with all our fabulous members!
Everyone was so excited to receive their zipper pouches from the DCMQG!! Look at these excited and happy faces!
Great meeting as usual!! We have some important events/info coming up so in case you missed it:
- We are looking for your quilt submissions in the Quilt Fest Modern Quilts exhibition again! Click the link for all the details about how to submit a quilt. You must fill out a form and send 1-2 photos of the quilts by emailing njmqginfo at gmail dot com. Deadline for entries is Monday December 19th. 🙂
- The Central Jersey MQG is looking for guild members who teach on a regular basis. If you are interested, please contact Neva or send her your information at firstname.lastname@example.org by Nov. 30th.
- Here is more information about Mid Atlantic Mod . General registration opens November 27th & they will be making a waitlist this year.
- We are going to be going on a field trip to the Garment district come January! (More info to come) Timna Tarr will be joining us for a lecture and workshop in June! June 16th will be for her lecture called “flying colors” and the 17th will be her map making class-tractional and improv maps. More details to come.
- Kelly Chladil is collecting 5″, 6″, or 6.5″ fabric squares (not blocks) to make up new quilt kits for Quilts Beyond Borders. Any colorful fabric is great as the quilts are for kids.
- We voted on the budget and all were in favor of keeping dues the same!
- Don’t forget about our Holiday Potluck Party for our next meeting! It will be held at the LDS Church on 209 Mountain Avenue in Caldwell, NJ 07006.
Aleeda gave us some great tips for our “quilty health!”
What are some of the most important tools to make you a successful quilter?
- Hand Lotion from Bed, Bath, and Body works: “Look ma, New hands.”
- Stretching! How to avoid carpal tunnel syndrome: doing wrist circles, and stretching out the wrists regularly.
- Focus/Giving your eyes a rest: Special eye chart 10-15 ft across the room allows you to take a break from sewing/quilting and allows you to refocus your eyes.
- Little red stress ball from Staples.
And now, Show & Tell!
See you in December elfsters :)!