What a great meeting!
– Here are announcements regarding general MQG business. To see the latest, click here.
– The MQG is exploring a new member engagement model for getting member feedback and input into MQG decisions with the launch of task forces. Check it out here.
– Click here for MQG Call for Submissions.
NJMQG Committee Volunteer Form is active. You can also sign up to be a “floating” volunteer without being on a Committee. Click here to volunteer!
Board Elections will be held in June. Nominations were opened at this meeting. Any member in good standing can self-nominate to get on the ballot for our meeting on June 15. Members can also nominate other members with their permission. Questions? Email us at njmqginfo at gmail dot com.
InstaIntros are so fun! Are you on the list to have your own week? If not, contact Stella to be put on the schedule. This is a great way to share your creative space, quilts, creations, and inspiration on the NJMQG Instagram feed. It’s also a fantastic way to get to know your fellow members. Check out some of the photos of the awesome members who have participated so far below or click here to check out our Instagram feed!
– The NJMQG donated 28 finished quilts to those who lost their homes in the Ocean Grove fire.
– NJMQG members made over 50 pillowcases (!!!) to be donated to the Giving Hope Network. The pillowcases will be given to foster children.
– Charity Pouches to be donated: Charity pouch kits were handed out to be collected at the May meeting along with travel-sized toiletries. The fabric was generously donated by Cloud9 Fabrics (Thank you, Cloud9 Fabrics!).
A few members shared their gorgeous creations from the Member-Led Hand Stitching Workshops!
• Member-Led Workshops: Spots are still available for the following workshops:
– Cross Back Apron Workshop with Colleen Wiest on Saturday, May 20 from 9am-1pm. Register here.
– Sew Together Bag Workshop with Amy Rehbein on Saturday, May 20 from 1pm-5pm. Click here to register.
Brown Bag Mini Quilt Swap: Our members had so much fun with making and receiving these mini quilts!
Member Trunk Show with Jo Ann Lepore: JoAnn has been quilting for over 30 years. She has always had a sewing machine and couldn’t imagine what her life would be like without one. Her favorite part of the process is piecing the fabrics and seeing the magic come alive. Being able to take fabric and manipulate the patterns is so rewarding and creative.
Here is our fabulous Show and Tell!