Here’s the recap of the May meeting.
(Sorry I didn’t get it up sooner and if any info is outdated)
Welcome to Katie and Pam.
If you are interested in being at part of the members only Facebook page, just send a request and it needs to be approved.
- Quiltfest was a success. Thanks to everyone who helped. And everyone should have their quilts back?
- Unfortunately we are losing another LSS. Quiltspot will be closing. Open through June.
- Newark Museum has a fabulous fashion and tech makerspace
- Chawne Kimber class samples. Look at those tiny pieces!
Things to do
- Open sew Saturday May 19 10-4 perfect for the rainy day
- Garden State quilter show May 19-20 in Parsippany
- Pennington Day quilt show May 19
- Schweinfurth Art Center in Syracuse-Quilting by the Lake summer program
- Warwick Show cancelled because change of date of Applefest
- Chilean fiber artist Cecilia Vicuna show- La India Contaminada May 19-July 6 536 W22nd St NY, NYf
- Nubian Heritage Quilt Guild exhibit June 9, 10, 16 & 17 Crane House, Montclair Historical Society
- As always check out the classes, webinars and articles. If you do not receive the newsletter let Margy know
- Two members part of task forces- Aleeda on Inclusion and Diversity and Sarah on Guild programming and leadership. Maybe an update next month
- Will be held at the June General meeting. Read nominees’ bios here.
- Recap of calendar
- Round Robin
- Kathy’s upcoming T-shirt Quilt class: June 16th.
Members, click here to sign up. Non-members, click here.
- 2nd quarter bee blocks due at June meeting
- 3rd quarter open at end of June
Fundraising efforts still looking into.
Show and Tell
Laura- Fanciful Forest
Jennife- Reverse Applique
Jennifer- Angela Walters free motion quilting
Jennifer- And bag!
Ellen- I spy
Ellen- Secret Circles
Betsy- wowing us as always
Oh, I figured I’d try a smaller version
As always, Thanks for reading and see you at the next meeting!
PLEASE BE ADVISED
THE SUMMER MEETINGS WILL BE HELD AT THE LDS CHURCH AT 209 MOUNTAIN AVE, CALDWELL!!