Hellooo quilty friends!!
Sorry for the delay. Here’s the recap for our August meeting.
There were 32 members and 5 guests that joined us.
We talked about some of the things we had coming up or done
- Pennsylvania National Quilt show
- AQS quilt week in Paducah
- Aleeda’s screen printing class
- The open sew at Montclair Public Library
- Bagmaking class with Central Jersey MQG
- Textile month NYC
There was a call for teachers for the Pittsburgh Creative Arts Festival next March and the local branch of National Association of University Women is looking for lecturers. Follow the links to find out more.
The MQG finally came out with their new website. Can we say search function, yay?!?! Check it out here.
We talked about the committees we have and the changes happening with them.
- Charity will be Emily and Rachel
- Quiltcon charity quilt is Amery and Amy
- Bylaws will be retired for now
- Nominating is Sarah F
- Field trips is Becka
- Sunshine will be under secretary
- Tech is Kathy
- Lenny is helping with Programs
- Library is Laura F
- Hospitality and Fundraising/scholarship heads are needed
We also had a discussion on the increase in dues and will be voting in November whether or not to raise the dues from $50-$60/year
- The sashiko class was this past weekend. I know I can’t wait to hear and see more from that! You can see a few pictures here and here
- The sign ups for Rayna’s classes is out. There are two chances to learn from her. Check them out here
- We also had a survey go out about the Holiday party/Elfster swap and possible alternatives. I’m sure we’ll discuss more next meeting.
- In September we will be doing our Book Reports, bring and talk about one of your favorite books or a sample made from the book AND our embellish me swap, where you can bring something no larger than 8 1/2×11 sheet of paper to be swapped and embellished!
- And we are still planning to go to the Sculpture Garden in October. More details soon.
Quiltcon Charity Quilt
The theme is small piecing, using 1″ or less. The idea Amy and Ameri has worked on is amazing. Can’t wait to see this one flesh out.
Ask the Guild
We started a new thing called Ask the Guild to be able to get feedback on a project. It’s been fun. If you have a project with some questions, bring it in! We love to give our opinions!
Daniela inherited this WIP and is wondering how to work on it while keeping the integrity of the original work, but adding her own style.
Sew and Tell
Our favorite part of the meeting!
Laura- Poolside tote and Orange Peel Extravaganza
Margy- Wedding quilt top
Anne- Wave charity quilt
And, sorry I missed your name with your amazing bag!
We will be back at our normal meeting place Community Church of Cedar Grove, 65 Bowden Rd, Cedar Grove. 7:15
Ciao for Niao! 😉