Due to inclement weather, the meeting scheduled for tonight, Thursday November 15 2018, is CANCELLED.
Voting on the 2019 budget is deferred to the December meeting.
Announcements & Updates:
December 1-2 Margy will have a table at a holiday craft show hosted by local jewelry artist Hilary Shank-Kuhl at 106 South Fullerton Ave in Montclair.
- 5% of all proceeds are donated to a local soup kitchen. Last year they gave close to $600 to Toni’s Kitchen, which was then matched by another local charity.
- Net proceeds will benefit NJMQG.
We are asking members for donations of one or two items to sell
- Such as a small quilt, table runner, tote bag, potholder, set of coasters or place-mats, or small art piece that doesn’t quite fit in your house. Items must be good quality–something you’d like to receive as a gift. They could be something you’ve already made, but haven’t found the right recipient for; or something you make while making a grocery tote for our gift exchange.
- If you have a donation please contact Margy (email@example.com) so she can arrange to get it before Dec 1.
December 13 drawing for our Cloud 9 quilt at the Holiday Party, $5 donation.
MQG QuiltCon Entries close November 30th
|Time to finish and submit your QuiltCon 2019 entries!|
|We’re getting close! QuiltCon quilt entries close at the end of the month: November 30th.
Submissions are open until 11:59pm Central time on Thursday, November 30th. Once the clock strikes midnight, the system shuts down. Beat the deadline by finding the corresponding time in your time zone.
Reminder to our ten lottery winners, IF we don’t have your money by Friday, please email Margy regarding your intention to attend the retreat. Info regarding actual sign up will be sent to you this weekend.
QuiltCon 2019 Charity Quilt
Amy and Ameri have pieced the blocks, are adding borders, and will soon be passing it to Diane for quilting. Wow!! Many thanks to everyone who participated!
26 attendees had a fabulous time sewing, eating, yakking, eating, sewing, and sharing, sharing, sharing…! Looking forward to seeing all the stitching!
Many thanks to Diane Fama for all the work creating and organizing this fun getaway! …and yes, Judy did find her car keys! 😉
Quilt Festival 2018 Houston:
Kudos and congrats to you both!
- Recap of November 3rd Free motion quilting class
Our successful free motion quilting class taught by our very own Jackie Laba. (Angela Walters better watch out!) Keep practicing and show off your new skills at the Dec meeting!
- December Tote Bag Swap
We will be sending a sign up sheet to get an idea of the number of people who will be participating. There will be a link to the pattern attached to the sign up sheet and on the blog. This will be going out on Saturday November 24.
Please bring your tote bag gift-wrapped to the holiday party Dec 13th. We will be doing a blind swap. You do not have to follow the pattern “exactly” – the goal is to have consistency in sizes. Feel free to embellish, quilt, or add a little something something to the tote. We have such talented members, we can’t wait to see what people make!
- January Workshops
January 26th at Community Church-Cedar Grove
Sign up link will go out the first Saturday of December (Dec 1st at 10:00 am)
Morning Session: Melanie Tuazon teaches Walking foot class
Afternoon Session: Amy Rehbein teaches Boxy Clear Pouch by Aneela Hoey
December is Membership Renewal Month
- 2019 dues is $60.
- Renewals will open in December after the budget is approved. Watch your inbox for a link to the registration form.
- Your 2019 membership will be confirmed upon receipt of payment AND completion of the online registration form.