• Our November meeting is this Thursday, November 17th, 2016 at 7:15pm at the Community Church of Cedar Grove, 65 Bowden Road, Cedar Grove, NJ 07009. Parking is located in the large lot in the back – use the side entrance to come in. Feel free to arrive about 15 minutes early.
• Important: Check in at the registration table to sign in and pick up a raffle ticket for door prizes before finding a seat.
• FREE table: Bring in the quilty items you no longer use and drop them on our FREE table at the beginning of the meeting. If your items are not taken, please bring them home with you.
• Member Corner: Many of our members have their own creative businesses and services to offer. A designated table is provided for members to leave their business cards, class/workshop lists, postcards, etc. This is a great way to get the word out about what you have to offer!
• Library: Have you borrowed a book from the NJMQG library? Books can be checked out for one month. Please see Margy S. If you borrowed a book at the last meeting, remember to return it at this meeting.
• Zippered Pouch Swap with the DCMQG: If you participated in this swap, you’ll receive your pouch at the meeting.
• If you participated in a past Bee Block Swap and have a finished quilt top or quilt, please bring it to show!
– We will have blocks to hand out to work on for the QuiltCon Charity quilt.
– There will be charity quilt tops and fabric available for members to take home, and batting, too!
– If you have a completed Quilt of Valor block, please bring to this meeting.
– Kelly C. is collecting 5″, 6″, or 6.5″ fabric squares (not blocks) to make up new quilt kits for Quilts Beyond Borders. Any colorful fabric is great as the quilts are for kids.
• Budget for 2017: Our Tentative Budget Proposal for 2017 is available for review on the blog under the password protected Members Only tab. We will vote on the cost of Membership Dues for 2017 and will vote on it at the November meeting. The board is proposing to keep the dues at $50 for 2017. We will review the budget at the November meeting and will vote on it at the December meeting. Please email njmqginfo at gmail dot com if you need the password.
• Refreshments: Consider bringing a light refreshment to share. If you are able to do so, please comment below.
• Remember to bring your name tag. If you do not have a name tag, we can arrange a partner swap- ask any of the NJMQG Executive Board Officers (Daniela, Amy, Annette, Kourtney, or Stella). As always, please bring anything you may have for Show and Tell!
See you on Thursday!