Here’s the recap for the August 2017 meeting.
There were 47 members and 1 guest in attendance.
Introducing the new board members
Margy S- president
Kathy M- Vice President
Lori B- Treasurer
Sarah F- Programs
Aubrey C- Secretary
Warm welcome to the newest members Carol and Wendy.
- Within the next couple of weeks we will be sending out some surveys. We need extra hands to help. So keep an eye out!
- Thank you to Laura F for volunteering to be the librarian and Elinor to head the sunshine committee.
- We have decided to do pop up shopping three times a year. We don’t want it to interfere with trunk shows or other activities we might have going on.
Let’s celebrate some members
- Congratulations to Betsy for having a quilt in the Quilt Alliance show
Modern quilt guild happenings
- Quilt con 2018 open entries until November 30
- Look for webinar coming up on jurying and judging- August 31 at 8
- Aleeda – Quilters Take Manhattan. 6th annual. September 16 at FIT. if she can get a group of 10 you can get a discounted rate-$55 tickets- email@example.com
- Diane – crossroads retreat Wednesday, November 8 through Sunday, November 12. 30 spots available. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ellen V – Warwick guild is holding a seminar on judging Monday, October 30 and 31st from 9 to 4 Certified judge Sandra Dorvecker $190 plus $15 fee. email@example.com
- We had our mini mini swap. Participants included SarahEmily (shown by Margy)Rochelle Colleen Betsy Aleeda Jackie Joann #1 JoAnn #2 Amy (embarrassed, but shouldn’t be!!!) Amazing work done by all!!
- Next month the paint chip challenge is due.
- First a Thank you to the previous board members. Thank you to Daniela, Amy, Stella, Annette and Kourtney for all your hard work!
- We are streamlining how we communicate. We have a new mailing address, a PO Box located in Montclair, and new NJMQG email addresses for a cohesive identity and easy transition to future boards. We are now using Google’s G Suite, a set of productivity tools which we were able to implement for free due to our Non-Profit status.
- No business
- Once again we are asking for many hands to help so keep an eye out for surveys for input and ways to help.
- We are looking into changing our bee block possibly for a round robin or a different style
- Indigo dying class review. Good time had by all. Special thanks to Sarah for teaching and Stella for hosting and providing an amazing spread.
- Paint chip mini quilt is due at the October meeting due to popular demand!
- Possible future teachers include Amy Friend, Chawne Kimber, Heather Kojan
- We are interested in hearing your suggestions for teachers
- Michelle is doing trunk show in September
- Michelle is teaching the Noodlehead Market Tote on September 23 (great bag!!)
- Rachel-Last year we participated in Giving Hope Network. They provide ‘stuffed suitcases’ for 2-12 year olds in the Essex county foster system. This year we would like to participate as well. If you would like to help please bring completed pillowcases to the September meeting or the October 7 open Sew
- Betsy and Melanie- The charity quilt for Quiltcon 2018 theme is Modern Traditional. The colors are white, ivory, yellow, orange, cerise, purple, and red. Betsy and Melanie have come up with two ideas. Stripes and Flecks and Stars and Stars. (A surevey went out and Stars and Stars was chosen by the members). September fabric will be handed out. October blocks will be collected. November blocks will be assembled. January 14 is the due date.
Show and Tell