OUR MAY MEETING IS THIS THURSDAY, May 17, 2018 AT 7:15 PM AT THE COMMUNITY CHURCH OF CEDAR GROVE, 65 BOWDEN ROAD, CEDAR GROVE, NJ 07009. PARKING IS LOCATED IN THE LARGE LOT IN THE BACK – USE THE SIDE ENTRANCE TO COME IN.
Doors will open at 7pm. We’ll talk about Quiltfest, Nominations, Upcoming classes, field trips…
• Important: Please sign in at the registration table
A couple of notes: Please consider serving on the Board of OUR Guild. We especially need someone to take over as treasurer. If you’re uncertain, bring your questions to the meeting, and we’ll do our best to answer them. Come join us – we’ll have fun!
If you went to Quiltfest NJ, we’d love to hear your impressions of the event, the new venue, exhibits, venues, any classes you took…
• Remember to bring:
- Round Robin blocks
- Your work from Chawne Kimber’s classes, and any other classwork that you’ve done lately.
- Refreshments: Consider bringing a light refreshment to share, especially if your birthday is this month
- Nametag If you do not have a name tag, we can arrange a partner swap – just ask any of the NJMQG Executive Board Officers (Margy, Kathy, Lori, Aubrey, Sarah).
- As always, please bring anything you may have for Show and Tell!
- Charity quilts that you’ve completed
• FREE table: Bring in the quilty items you no longer use and drop them on our FREE table at the beginning of the meeting. If your items are not taken, please take them home with you
• Member Corner: Many of our members have their own creative businesses and services to offer. A designated table is provided for members to leave their business cards, class/workshop lists, postcards, etc. This is a great way to get the word out about what you have to offer!
• Library: Have you borrowed a book from the NJMQG library? Books can be checked out for one month. Please see Laura F., our librarian. If you borrowed a book at the last meeting, please remember to return it this month
• Upcoming Programs: Open Sew for Charity is this Saturday. We’ll have batting and the guild stash, as well as templates and precut patterns. Kathy Morganroth will be our resident expert for the day. Bring her your sewing problems.
Of course, if you have a project of your own you need to make some progress on bring that along.
See you on Thursday!