TIME: Doors open at 6:30, starts at 7:15pm
WHEN: This Thursday, December 15, 2016
WHAT TO BRING:
- An Appetizer, Dessert or Drinks. Please use the link here to sign up.
- Your Elfster swap gift
- Show and Tell (we respectfully ask that you limit your show and tell items to two items for this meeting)
- Membership payment for 2017 if you have not already submitted
- QuiltCon Charity Quilt blocks if you worked on them
- Quilt of Valor Block if you worked on one
- Your name tag- If you don’t have a name tag, we can arrange a partner swap
- Also, Betsy V. will be selling tickets for the Empire Quilters raffle quilt
WHERE: LDS Church, 209 Mountain Ave, Caldwell, New Jersey
***please note location for this meeting***
Quilt Fest 2017: Submission Deadline Extended!
Submit your Quilts! The deadline has been extended to Wednesday, January 4th.
- We will be a part of a special exhibit at Quilt Fest in March 2017: Modern Quilts- North Jersey Modern Quilt Guild
- Quilt Fest is March 2-5, 2017
- Click here to submit by January 4, 2017
- Each quilt should have a 4″ sleeve sewn on top for easy hanging.
- If you have a quilt top only to submit now, please consider submitting.
The quilt should be complete and ready to hang for the show.
BUDGET for 2017:
- We will be voting on the NJMQG budget for 2017 at this meeting. To view the budget, go to the Members Only section of the blog and click “Tentative Budget Proposal for 2017.” If you need the password, please email njmqginfo at gmail dot com.
Membership Renewal for 2017/ New Members:
- We are always accepting new members!
- Please click here to renew membership or to become a member. NJMQG Membership shall be recognized upon payment of dues and completion of the 2017 Membership Application Form.
- Bring cash or check to the meeting or pay by January 1, 2017.
2017 Bee Block Swap:
Back by popular demand is the Bee Block Swap! Starting in January 2017, this swap program will take place three times. Click here for details. Click here to sign up. Deadline to register is December 31, 2016.
See you on Thursday!
:: QuiltCon Charity Quilt 2017 ::
Thank you to all of the guild members who were able to attend the October Open Sew where we worked on the QuiltCon Charity Quilt blocks! A huge thank you to those who took many blocks home to work on as well.
*More volunteers are needed to sew up the remainder of the blocks. The blocks are foundation paper-pieced. The paper should remain intact after sewing them up. There are 15 bags with patterns and fabric at Rock Paper Scissors available to be picked up. Please email njmqginfo at gmail dot com if you are able to pick up a bag and return it completed for the November meeting next week or shortly thereafter. When you pick up, write your name and email and how many bags you have taken on the sheet provided.
:: Budget for 2017 ::
Our Tentative Budget Proposal for 2017 is available for review on the blog under the password protected Members Only tab. We will vote on the cost of Membership Dues for 2017 and will vote on it at the November meeting. The board is proposing to keep the dues at $50 for 2017. We will review the budget at the November meeting and will vote on it at the December meeting. Please email njmqginfo at gmail dot com if you need the password.
:: Mid Atlantic MOD, a modern quilting retreat Early Registration ::
The NJMQG is a sponsor of this retreat which means we are guaranteed 10 spots at a discounted rate. Please read all about this fantastic event in Lancaster, PA by clicking here.
Early registration opens this Sunday, November 13th at 6pm. If you would like to attend, and are a current NJMQG member, please email Stella S. for the access code and the link to register: stellasingleton at gmail dot com.
:: NJMQG Membership & Membership Renewal for 2017 coming soon! Details to follow.
:: December Holiday Party ::
Sign ups to bring in food for the December Holiday Party will open soon.
Our October 2016 OPEN SEW is tomorrow, Saturday, October 22, 2016 from 10 a.m.- 4 p.m. at the Community Church of Cedar Grove, 65 Bowden Street, Cedar Grove, NJ (where we meet for our monthly guild meetings).
We have SIX hours of sewing scheduled! Can’t make it for the entire time? Come when you can!
** We are working on our QuiltCon charity quilt.
A main section of the quilt is foundation paper-pieced. There are other areas of the quilt that do not require paper-piecing.
Please bring an extension cord and/or power strip, neutral thread (light gray or cream), task light, paper piecing tools (“Add-A-Quarter” ruler, scissors for paper, etc).
• Pack your lunch and please bring a snack or drinks to share if you can.
• We need a couple of members to bring in an iron/ironing mat/board to share. Please comment below if you can share an “ironing set up.”