Our meeting is this Thursday, July 20, 2017 at 7:15 pm at the Community Church of Cedar Grove, 65 Bowden Road, Cedar Grove, NJ 07009. Parking is located in the large lot in the back – use the side entrance to come in. Feel free to arrive about 15 minutes early. Important: Check in at the registration table to sign in.
This will be the first meeting for the new Board. We’ve been going through a lot of information, and are gaining an even greater appreciation for the amount of work done by the previous Board. We’ll be reaching out to the entire Guild over the next couple of months for input regarding committees, teachers, bees, and other aspects of our Guild life.
We hope you’ll start thinking about speakers/teachers you’d like to see, so that we can start reaching out to people for next year.
• FREE table: Bring in the quilty items you no longer use and drop them on our FREE table at the beginning of the meeting. If your items are not taken, please bring them home with you.
• Member Corner: Many of our members have their own creative businesses and services to offer. A designated table is provided for members to leave their business cards, class/workshop lists, postcards, etc. This is a great way to get the word out about what you have to offer!
• Library: Have you borrowed a book from the NJMQG library? Please note that we have many new books donated by Beth. We’ve updated the list on the blog. Books can be checked out for one month. Please see Margy S. If you borrowed a book at the last meeting, remember to return it at this meeting.
Swaps: One hour baskets are due, for the people who signed up
Bee Blocks for Quarter 3 are due, and sign ups will be open for the Quarter 3
• Member-Led Workshops are open for registration. Click the links below to read about them and to register!
August: Indigo/Shibori Dying & Cyanotype/Photogram Workshop with Sarah Scott
September: Noodlehead Market Bag Workshop with Michelle Reiter
October: Trill Workshop with Melanie Tuazon
November: Nuno Felted Scarf Workshop with Josie Dakers
• Refreshments for this meeting: Consider bringing a light refreshment to share, especially if your birthday is in July
• Remember to bring your name tag. If you do not have a name tag, we can arrange a partner swap- ask any of the NJMQG Executive Board Officers . As always, please bring anything you may have for Show and Tell.
See you on Thursday!