hey all!!! We had such a lovely Holiday Potluck!!! Thanks everyone for contributing! Hope you all had a lovely holiday and happy new year!
- there are a few spots left in Amy’s Betty Bowler Bag Class !! If you are interested, click the link for further registration! 🙂
- If you have yet to renew your membership, or you are a new member to the NJMQG, you can register here !
Show & Tell!!
***See you all January 19th!
Everyone was so excited to receive their zipper pouches from the DCMQG!! Look at these excited and happy faces!
Great meeting as usual!! We have some important events/info coming up so in case you missed it:
- We are looking for your quilt submissions in the Quilt Fest Modern Quilts exhibition again! Click the link for all the details about how to submit a quilt. You must fill out a form and send 1-2 photos of the quilts by emailing njmqginfo at gmail dot com. Deadline for entries is Monday December 19th. 🙂
- The Central Jersey MQG is looking for guild members who teach on a regular basis. If you are interested, please contact Neva or send her your information at firstname.lastname@example.org by Nov. 30th.
- Here is more information about Mid Atlantic Mod . General registration opens November 27th & they will be making a waitlist this year.
- We are going to be going on a field trip to the Garment district come January! (More info to come) Timna Tarr will be joining us for a lecture and workshop in June! June 16th will be for her lecture called “flying colors” and the 17th will be her map making class-tractional and improv maps. More details to come.
- Kelly Chladil is collecting 5″, 6″, or 6.5″ fabric squares (not blocks) to make up new quilt kits for Quilts Beyond Borders. Any colorful fabric is great as the quilts are for kids.
- We voted on the budget and all were in favor of keeping dues the same!
- Don’t forget about our Holiday Potluck Party for our next meeting! It will be held at the LDS Church on 209 Mountain Avenue in Caldwell, NJ 07006.
Aleeda gave us some great tips for our “quilty health!”
What are some of the most important tools to make you a successful quilter?
- Hand Lotion from Bed, Bath, and Body works: “Look ma, New hands.”
- Stretching! How to avoid carpal tunnel syndrome: doing wrist circles, and stretching out the wrists regularly.
- Focus/Giving your eyes a rest: Special eye chart 10-15 ft across the room allows you to take a break from sewing/quilting and allows you to refocus your eyes.
- Little red stress ball from Staples.
And now, Show & Tell!
See you in December elfsters :)!
hey all!! 🙂
*** Reminders/upcoming events to keep in mind:
- We are starting a new workshop series within our guild, with our super talented members leading the classes! Starting us off will be Diane Fama, teaching Hawaiian Appliqué ! There’s only ONE SPOT LEFT in her class!! Snag it while you still can!!
- Our next Open Sew is Oct 22nd 10-4PM.
- Don’t forget to bring your zippy pouch to the next meeting!! 🙂 (October 20th)
- Check out our next field trip hosted by the lovely Stella on October 8th. A little shopping-or window shopping 😉 and a movie.
- There is a Michael Miller fabric challenge ! click the link for more details (deadline for entries is Nov 30th)
- The Modern Quilt Guild is doing a Block of the Month challenge and YOU could be the next designer!
- There is a 9 Patch Design Challenge for QuiltCon (deadline is Nov 30th)
- Call for instructors/lecturers for QuiltCon 2017
- October 15th, Amy Butler will be signing her latest book at Rock Paper Scissors !
- The Warwick Valley Quilter’s Guild is hosting their Stars of the Valley Quilt Show on October 15 & 16, 2016.
- If you don’t already, you should follow us on instagram “@njmqg.” we are always posting WIPS, quiltspiration, and other fun stuff including NJMQG InstaIntros to introduce our own board and our members members.
Betsy’s Trunk show!
Show & Tell!
See you all October 20th!!