• Our June meeting is this Thursday, June 15th, 2017 at 7:15 pm at the Community Church of Cedar Grove, 65 Bowden Road, Cedar Grove, NJ 07009. Parking is located in the large lot in the back – use the side entrance to come in. Feel free to arrive about 15 minutes early. Important: Check in at the registration table to sign in.
• FREE table: Bring in the quilty items you no longer use and drop them on our FREE table at the beginning of the meeting. If your items are not taken, please bring them home with you.
• Member Corner: Many of our members have their own creative businesses and services to offer. A designated table is provided for members to leave their business cards, class/workshop lists, postcards, etc. This is a great way to get the word out about what you have to offer!
• Library: Have you borrowed a book from the NJMQG library? Books can be checked out for one month. Please see Margy S. If you borrowed a book at the last meeting, remember to return it at this meeting.
• Board Elections will be held at this meeting. NJMQG Board Nominees have been posted to the Members Only page. Nominations may also be made from the floor with the consent of the nominee on the day of the election. Forgot or need the password to the Members Only page? Contact us at njmqginfo at gmail dot com.
• The Not a Raffle Raffle: To raise money for charity, we are holding The Not a Raffle Raffle at this meeting for NJMQG members!
– Cost: 10 tickets for $5. Cash or check only, please.
• One Hour Basket Swap: Baskets are due at this meeting for the swap with the CJMQG.
• Timna Tarr is coming to visit NJMQG June 16 & 17 for a Lecture and a Workshop! (workshop is sold out)
Join us for a lecture with award winning quilter, Timna Tarr where she will be discussing her process as well as color theory.
Date: Friday, June 16, 2017
Time: 7pm – 9pm
Location: Community Church of Cedar Grove – 65 Bowden Rd. Cedar Grove, NJ
Cost: NJMQG members, free // all others $5
RSVP: Click this link to RSVP for the lecture
• Hospitality for this weekend’s Timna Tarr Lecture and Workshop: There will be a sign up sheet at this meeting to bring in snacks, goodies and drinks for the Friday lecture, the Saturday workshop, or both! Please see Sarah F. with any questions.
• Member Trunk Show continues: Krishma Patel is the next featured NJMQG Member in our Member Trunk Show Series for 2017!
• Member-Led Workshops are open for registration. Click the links below to read about them and to register!
July: Paper Piecing Workshop with Betsy Vinegrad
July: Embracing Negative Space Workshop with Daniela Di Iorio
August: Indigo/Shibori Dying & Cyanotype/Photogram Workshop with Sarah Scott
September: Noodlehead Market Bag Workshop with Michelle Reiter
October: Trill Workshop with Melanie Tuazon
November: Nuno Felted Scarf Workshop with Josie Dakers
• Refreshments for this meeting: Consider bringing a light refreshment to share.
• Remember to bring your name tag. If you do not have a name tag, we can arrange a partner swap- ask any of the NJMQG Executive Board Officers (Daniela, Amy, Annette, Kourtney, or Stella). As always, please bring anything you may have for Show and Tell (we respectfully ask that you limit your show and tell items to one item for this meeting).
See you on Thursday!