NJMQG is excited to host Audrey Esarey of Cotton and Bourbon for her Ultraviolet Radial Workshop. This is a brand new pattern being released just before our workshop. Be the one of the first to learn this pattern from Audrey! She will teach us her techniques for foundation paper piecing and curved piecing. This is a great workshop to learn something new or brush up on your techniques. Our workshop will be held over zoom on April 2 from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm EST. The cost of the workshop is $57 for NJMQG members and $67 for non-members. (Plus a $2.00/class PayPal fee). NJMQG members will have one week to sign up before the workshop will be opened to nonmembers. Sign ups close on March 26 or when all 20 spots are full. Please fill out this google form to hold your spot in the class. Then pay the workshop fee.
NJMQG would like to invite you to sign up for a virtual workshop with Maria Shell. We will join her on zoom for this fun workshop using leftovers and extras found in your sewing room to create a unique improv quilt. This is a 6 hour workshop split into two days. When you sign up, you are signing up for BOTH days, at one cost. The workshop will be held on October 9 and 16, 1-4 pm EST.
KITCHEN SINK QUILTING–The ART of Making Do
All leftover fabric, UFO’S, orphan blocks, and random strips of fabric are welcome in this class. We’ll take those pieces of what not and make them into a fun improvisational masterpieces. The focus of this workshop is on bit making (creating small improvisation-ally cut and pieced traditional quilt blocks) and composition.
This workshop is full. Please contact email@example.com to be put on a waiting list.
• Our June meeting is this Thursday, June 15th, 2017 at 7:15 pm at the Community Church of Cedar Grove, 65 Bowden Road, Cedar Grove, NJ 07009. Parking is located in the large lot in the back – use the side entrance to come in. Feel free to arrive about 15 minutes early. Important: Check in at the registration table to sign in.
• FREE table: Bring in the quilty items you no longer use and drop them on our FREE table at the beginning of the meeting. If your items are not taken, please bring them home with you.
• Member Corner: Many of our members have their own creative businesses and services to offer. A designated table is provided for members to leave their business cards, class/workshop lists, postcards, etc. This is a great way to get the word out about what you have to offer!
• Library: Have you borrowed a book from the NJMQG library? Books can be checked out for one month. Please see Margy S. If you borrowed a book at the last meeting, remember to return it at this meeting.
• Board Elections will be held at this meeting. NJMQG Board Nominees have been posted to the Members Only page. Nominations may also be made from the floor with the consent of the nominee on the day of the election. Forgot or need the password to the Members Only page? Contact us at njmqginfo at gmail dot com.
• The Not a Raffle Raffle: To raise money for charity, we are holding The Not a Raffle Raffle at this meeting for NJMQG members!
– Cost: 10 tickets for $5. Cash or check only, please.
• One Hour Basket Swap: Baskets are due at this meeting for the swap with the CJMQG.
Join us for a lecture with award winning quilter, Timna Tarr where she will be discussing her process as well as color theory.
Date: Friday, June 16, 2017
Time: 7pm – 9pm
Location: Community Church of Cedar Grove – 65 Bowden Rd. Cedar Grove, NJ
Cost: NJMQG members, free // all others $5
RSVP: Click this link to RSVP for the lecture
• Hospitality for this weekend’s Timna Tarr Lecture and Workshop: There will be a sign up sheet at this meeting to bring in snacks, goodies and drinks for the Friday lecture, the Saturday workshop, or both! Please see Sarah F. with any questions.
• Member Trunk Show continues: Krishma Patel is the next featured NJMQG Member in our Member Trunk Show Series for 2017!
• Member-Led Workshops are open for registration. Click the links below to read about them and to register!
July: Paper Piecing Workshop with Betsy Vinegrad
July: Embracing Negative Space Workshop with Daniela Di Iorio
August: Indigo/Shibori Dying & Cyanotype/Photogram Workshop with Sarah Scott
September: Noodlehead Market Bag Workshop with Michelle Reiter
October: Trill Workshop with Melanie Tuazon
November: Nuno Felted Scarf Workshop with Josie Dakers
• Refreshments for this meeting: Consider bringing a light refreshment to share.
• Remember to bring your name tag. If you do not have a name tag, we can arrange a partner swap- ask any of the NJMQG Executive Board Officers (Daniela, Amy, Annette, Kourtney, or Stella). As always, please bring anything you may have for Show and Tell (we respectfully ask that you limit your show and tell items to one item for this meeting).
See you on Thursday!